Foundation Industrial Monuments Press World Heritage Ruhrgebiet
 
 
Home   | Industrial Monuments   |   Pattberg Colliery  
Industrial Monuments
Hansa Coking Plant
Consolidation Colliery
Gneisenau Colliery
Pattberg Colliery
History
Prosper Colliery
Radbod Colliery
Sophia Jacoba Colliery
Schlägel & Eisen Colliery
Sterkrade Colliery
Zweckel Colliery
 
The Pattberg Colliery Shaft 1
Apart from the engine house of shaft number 1, all surface installations belonging to the so-called Pattberg Pits have been demolished including the head gear which was erected above shaft 1 in 1932 by the Good Hope Steel Mill in Oberhausen. The engine house, a plain brick building built in 1932 contains impressive items of equipment: an electrical winding engine and two converters dating abck to 1912 which were originally installed at the Rheinpreussen 2 shaft in Duisburg-Homberg. The winding engine is one of the most powerful pieces of equipment (2x1015 kW) from the time before the First World War. After the closure of the Rheinpreussen number 2 pit in 1925 the engines were transferred th shaft number 1 at the Pattberg colliery. The depth indicator and the control room with ist levers and instrument panels probably date from this time.  
The empty site is intended for development as a trading estate.
Print
Stiftung Industriedenkmalpflege und Geschichtskultur
  Home | Kontakt | Deutsche Version | Impressum | Links
Bereich 2.gif
Contact
 
Foundation Hansa Coking Plant
Consolidation Colliery
Gneisenau Colliery
Pattberg Colliery
Prosper Colliery
Radbod Colliery
Sophia Jacoba Colliery
Schlägel & Eisen Colliery
Sterkrade Colliery
Zweckel Colliery
 
Foundation Industrial Monuments Press release for the world heritage proposal
 
Foundation Industrial Monuments Press __________________________________________________