Foundation Industrial Monuments Press Visitor Information World Heritage Ruhrgebiet
 
 
Home   | Industrial Monuments   |   Pattberg Colliery   |   History  
Pattberg Colliery
History
 
History
In the Ruhr area mining on the left side of the Rhine is connected with a man called Franz Haniel. In 1857 he was grants the concession for the huge "Rheinpreussen" claim which covered an area of almost 100 square kilometres. In the same year work began on sinking a shaft in what is today the suburb of Hamborn in Duisburg. But it was not until the 1870s before the first coal was brought to the surface. Many addional shafts were built in the following decades. Work began on sinking the two shafts in Moers (Repelen) in 1922. A solid double strut frame was erected in 1932 above shaft number 1.  
 
The colliery went independent in 1927 and was renamed after the general manager of the time, Heinrich Pattberg. Most of the surface plant is constructed in a steel framework design. Work on the plant finished in 1934. The Pattberg shafts were closed down in 1993.
Print
Stiftung Industriedenkmalpflege und Geschichtskultur
  Home | Kontakt | Deutsche Version | Impressum | Links
Bereich 2.gif
Contact
 
Foundation Hansa Coking Plant
Consolidation Colliery
Gneisenau Colliery
Pattberg Colliery
Prosper Colliery
Radbod Colliery
Sophia Jacoba Colliery
Schlägel & Eisen Colliery
Sterkrade Colliery
Zweckel Colliery
 
Foundation Industrial Monuments Press release for the world heritage proposal
 
Foundation Industrial Monuments Press Events
picture library
 
Foundation Industrial Monuments Press Visitor Information __________________________________________________