Foundation Industrial Monuments Press World Heritage Ruhrgebiet
 
 
Home   | Industrial Monuments   |   Prosper Colliery   |   History  
Prosper Colliery
History
 
History
In 1856 work started on sinking shaft 1 of Prosper colliery to the south of Bottrop in Borbeck. Mining began in 1863.  
 
The Malakow tower was erected between 1871 and 1875 above shaft number 2 of the Prosper II pit, which was sunk in 1871. Extraction began in 1875. A steel winding frame was built into the tower in 1905 and this in turn was replaced in 1933 by a walled frame.  
 
The Prosper-Haniel colliery came about as a result of the amalgamation of the Prosper, Jacobi and Haniel collieries in 1974. Mining ended at Prosper II in the same year and shaft number 2 was backfilled in 1987. The Malakow tower and the pithead frame were listed as historical monuments in the following year.
Print
Stiftung Industriedenkmalpflege und Geschichtskultur
  Home | Kontakt | Deutsche Version | Impressum | Links
Bereich 2.gif
Contact
 
Foundation Hansa Coking Plant
Consolidation Colliery
Gneisenau Colliery
Pattberg Colliery
Prosper Colliery
Radbod Colliery
Sophia Jacoba Colliery
Schlägel & Eisen Colliery
Sterkrade Colliery
Zweckel Colliery
 
Foundation Industrial Monuments Press release for the world heritage proposal
 
Foundation Industrial Monuments Press __________________________________________________